Wednesday, March 10, 2010

James-isms and whatnots

James is at an age now where he says the funniest things and I have to write them down somewhere so I don't forget!

While eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
James:
Mmmmmm.... this sandwich is sweet and tasty, Mom
Me: I think you are sweet James.
James: I'm not sweet. I'm just really really really REALLY smart! And handsome too!

While discussing his future spouse (yeah I know he is only 3, but I have to train him early :).
Me: James, maybe you should marry a redhead when you grow up. (since he is a redhead, then I could have redheaded grandchildren. Yes, I know that sounds selfish. So be it.)
James: We don't marry heads Mom. We marry people.

Overheard while playing with his 2 year old brother Thomas.
James: Thomas - say "I'm the king of the fairies!' Say it Thomas!
Thomas: No. I'm not a fairy.
James: Yes you are! Say it!
Thomas: I'M NOT A FAIRY.
James: Well I can't be the king of the fairies! I'm too big!
I love my kids. They are so great!
Speaking of, I took Laela to her 2 month appt yesterday. She is thriving in so many ways - she can hold her head up, make eye contact, coo and whatnot, smile and laugh and be devastatingly adorable. However, she is in the 10th percentile for her weight and only weighs 9 lbs 12 oz at 2 months. So she is sustaining, but not growing. She has bad reflux and barfs all the time so now she gets to take zantac and supplement with formula after each breastfeeding. Hopefully the zantac will help her keep everything down and we'll have a plump little gal soon!
Thomas is coming around to loving Laela. He gives her kisses occasionally now instead of poking her in the eye. He doesn't like to hold her though because she "spits milk" all over his shirt. He is still struggling with insecurity and jealousy, and follows me everywhere and waits outside the bathroom door for me. It's been a strange adjustment, as he is my most independent child. So we carve out Thomas and Mommy time every day, and Mommy and James time too. James likes to be read to. Thomas just likes to be held and rocked and told how much I love him. It's hard for a little guy being knocked off the throne and not being the youngest anymore!
I have a new calling now. I've known for about 2 months now that I was supposed to be released from the Primary, and put into Relief Society. I couldn't figure out why they hadn't released me yet and what was taking so long. So eventually I figured I was just imagining it. But ideas would come to me. And after Laela was born I was given a break from Primary and told to go to Relief Society for a couple of sundays. And I started having even more ideas..... and I knew I wasn't supposed to be in primary anymore. Then the bishop called Jeff and I into his office and I was called as the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. He said they had been fighting it for a couple of months and didn't want to pray about it because they needed primary workers....so I guess I wasn't imagining it afterall. I'm really excited, but nervous too. I get really nervous speaking in front of people. But I'm looking forward to serving and know that this calling comes from God, and that this is a great opportunity. I just pray to be a worthy and capable servant.

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Your children are so adorable. Congrats on the new calling!

Allison Nelson said...

Kim, you'll be great in RS! You always have good, solid ideas, an objective approach, a git 'er done attitude, and you're fun. So, your RS President is very blessed. Good luck, what a great calling. I also just want to say that Laela is VERY cute. :)