
So I've decided I love the stay at home mommy gig. I really do!! The first couple of weeks I wasn't sure - with Laela in the hospital - and me treking it over there every 2 hours to feed (only to find that they had already given her a bottle), and hanging out at the hospital with her instead of recovering....It was exhausting.
Then once she was home we had some interesting adventures.
A couple of days after she came home I was putting the boys to bed.... Jeff was at a meeting. James started crying....I go in his room to see little buggies crawling on his pillow.... holy crap..... lice....I had just found out the night before his cousins had it and had had it for a while.... but certainly MY children would not get lice of all things (just so you know no one is immune to those dastardly little mini demons) .....I hadn't noticed anything before, but I guess I was still in a daze and didn't catch it ... I checked Thomas.... yep, he had them too....
Needless to say I FREAKED out - they might as well have had black boils in their armpits!! Holy crap! Holy crap!
I called Jeff all spazzed out....."Our house is contaminated!!!" I shouted into the phone "Come home right now!!" He is so patient with me when I get a case of the crazies....."Our kids have.... (dun dun duuuuuuuunnnnnn ) LICE!!" He came home and we gave them the treatment. Then I proceeded to scald, wash, vacuum everything in sight for the rest of the night. I then became the lice nazi for several days - now my kids take off running when they see me with a comb. I am happy to say that the lice are gone from our home and have been for a while and I hope they never come back. They almost tipped me over officially into crazy town.
A couple of days after lice James starts crying again. I go upstairs to see that he has a bad case of diarrhea and the stomach flu and has well - you know - not made it to the bathroom and is going at both ends. Jeff was gone to work. Laela is screaming to be fed and Thomas wants to be held.... We did this for 3 days and then Laela started in.... vomiting like a volcano.....
And then - I got mastitis. Great. So after lots of tears and dr. visits and sanitizing our home, things have finally settled into a relative state of calm. :) thank goodness. And I've discovered that I now like to do dishes - for the first time in my life. I mean, I did dishes before but I hated it. Now I actually like it. It makes me proud. :) while I'm busily occupied with little ones all day, I still finally have the time and the sanity to breathe and practice new things - like cooking. Yes. I am 33 years old. I don't cook. Well, I'm trying. And I'm hoping to finish projects, like Katy's crib set, and painting the dressers, and all the things I never had the time or energy for before. Like exercising. I bought a belly dancing dvd!
But mostly, I love being with my kids all day. They are so funny and I love them so much. What a blessing.
I loved my job, and I liked working and contributing, but now I get to contribute in another way. This is what is right for our family right now. I'm sure I'll work again later, in a few years when the kids are in school. But for right now, I am really loving staying home!





7 comments:
You are hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing at the "armpit boils" comparison.:)
You've always been a great Mom Kim...I'm glad things are calming down in your house...the next time something crazy happens you'll be ready for it because it seems like you've already been through it all.:)
If you need any emotional support, I'm just a phone call away sista!:)
Even with the stresses at times, being a stay-at-home Mom has been an incredibly blessing to me and brought happiness to beyond measure, and I'm so glad that you've found that joy as well! I'm so sorry you've had mastitis and everything else to deal with in the last few months. May the future be free of black boils, lice and mini-demons of every kind for us all! Love you!
Congratulations on being able to stay home! It is definitely a blessing and a privilege (even if it doesn't always feel that way). Your kids are adorable!
I would have freaked out in a major way as well about the lice. Ew! Once there was a cockroach in our house (early am) and I started whimpering so that Peter would wake up and take care of it. What an adventure! What a blessing to stay home. I'm envious! :)
Love that you love being a Mama so much! So awesome!
First of all, Congratulations on the beautiful baby Laela!!
Okay, so Kim, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one finding out that I enjoy doing dishes, or find satisfaction that my kitchen is clean. Or that I just started cooking too! (though I am a little bit older than you, so I'm a REALLY late starter!!). It took me being a 2 yr stay-at-home mommy to discover this.......Glad you picked up on it lots quicker than I did!!
I'm glad to hear your family is lice free! Your story was very funny. I'm glad to hear everything has calmed down for you! Laela is darling! I hope you enjoy your little princess.
Post a Comment