When we were engaged and first married, we used to go on the best, most romantic dates. We still try to when we can, but sometimes .....
Last night we took the boys to my mom's, and then our "date" consisted of Jeff hanging out in Best Buy while I was checking out Baby Depot. Then we went and ate at 5 and Diner with all the middle aged people.... plus one extremely ragey 11/12 year old. We were given a table right by the juke box and she comes bouncing over to said juke box and gives us a sweet smile - cute little pony tail with a polka dot bow. We go back to talking as she puts her money in. Then we hear her pushing buttons, pay her no mind. Then she starts pounding the buttons and muttering under her breath. Then - she starts punching and kicking the jukebox and yells "I put my f-ing (only she said the real word) quarter in this stupid thing and now I WANT MY SONG!!" Everyone was just staring at her, and I started laughing as she continued to punch the machine. I started looking for the hidden camera when the waitress finally gets the guts to come over and she repeats "I PUT MY F-ING QUARTER IN THERE AND NOW I WANT MY STUPID SONG!!!" (Where are her parents? Oh - I see them, they are the ones with the braless mommy and the two year old who has a bad bleach job - who bleaches a two year olds hair anyway? I digress....)
So the waitress calmly shows her how to work the juke box and then moves on. The girl gives up and returns to her seat.... only to come back 5 minutes later because she wants a gum ball.... Oh no....
The gumball comes out with no problem, but she doesn't bother to try and catch it so it hits the floor and she yells "OMG are you F-ING KIDDING ME???" and she proceeds to smack the crap out of the gumball machine. A nice older woman says "Dear you need to put your hand under there and catch it...." So she does with the next one and the woman says "There you go, good job." She gives us all a sweet smile, pops the gumball in her mouth and prances off, polka dot pony tail dancing. I think there's something wrong with her.... and I couldn't stop laughing.
Jeff had fried pickles. I grossed out. I think it ruined pickles for me for a very long time.
Not the most romantic of dates, but we love being together just us so it was great. :)





1 comment:
Funny post! Kids today are often foul-mouthed, spoiled brats. Gosh, don't I sound like an old, bitter critic? :)
Post a Comment