Monday, September 28, 2009

Filter and misc.

So there's this "lady" (I use the term loosely) that works in the same business complex I do. I don't know her name, but we often run into each other in the parking lot and in the restroom. She has spikey hair and the cigarettes and coffee voice. I don't know her name, so I just call her Spikey Cigarette.
When I was pregnant with Thomas every time she saw me she would say something lame like "OMG haven't you had that kid YET?? Are you like - a year pregnant or what? You're huge!"
Well I ran into her the other day in the restroom (major eye roll). I came out of the stall to wash my hands and she's already there. She gives me the once over with these huge eyes. It went something like this:

Spikey Cigarette: OMG You're pregnant AGAIN?~!"

Me: Yup.

Spikey Cigarette: How long has it been since you were pregnant before??

Me: 2.5 years.

Spikey Cigarette: Good grief how many do you have??

Me: This is the third.

Spikey Cigarette: Ohhhh.... so.... when are you due? (Said in this sad voice that was more like she was asking "So sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis, how long have they given you to live?")

Me: Around Christmas.

Spikey Cigarette: Well Geez are you DONE now??

Me: Nope. (but what I wanted to say was "Wow so you're STILL chain smoking and don't have posterity? I'm so sorry to hear that you're going to die alone with no one to care....") but I kept it in my head.
Where's the filter, people? Holy rude!
Have I mentioned lately how much I love 3 year olds? Well I do. On Sunday one of my sunbeams wanted to say the opening prayer and he said "I don't need help, I can do it" so he proceeded and it went something like this "Thank you for Jesus. And please bless that we can eat lots of candy and go to the movies forever and ever. In Jesus name amen." They crack me up.
James likes to say his own prayers too. I will preface this by saying it is so funny because he is our little primper. He always asks to have "stuff" in his hair because he wants to be "so handsome". He is consumed with his hair, and how it looks, and if he looks good and if his curls look awesome. Last night saying his prayers he said "Heavenly Father, please bless my hair." I wonder what the teen years are going to be like. Hopefully that will be one teenage boy I won't have to harrass to take a shower!
Here are some cute pics of my cuties at the piano. Peace out.

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Rudeness, indeed!!! It sounds like the only thing she uses a filter for are her cigs! :) Your sons, and Sunbeams, couldn't be more darling!

Jana said...

that is amazing. don't you love how people really think they have a right to help you plan your family? awesome.

your kid stories are hilarious.

Allison Nelson said...

Kim, you're hilarious. I love hearing your takes on people and life. That lady is clueless!!!