Thursday, September 17, 2009

So we went to childbirth class. Yes, this is our third kid. The first two were c section, and this one will be born the good ol' fashioned way. Not by c section. So we and 3 other couples took the childbirth class from my doula and I found it totally fascinating. Poor Jeff.
With a c section the curtain is up and he doesn't see anything. This time.....yikes.
My sweet husband is so tough - except when it comes to blood. He passes out when he gets his blood drawn, and in fact has had a concussion from hitting the floor getting his blood drawn. And he would likely be upset with me if he knew I posted that here.
Anyway, so we're sitting in class and she starts going into detail about episiotomies and "things flapping in the wind"..... I look at Jeff, who is ghastly pale with a blank stare on his face and sweat on the upper lip....
I asked him if he was okay. "Yeah....." I asked if he needed some air.... "Yeah....." so he got up and went to get some air and take a walk. I think we're going to have to have a chair right there when this kid is born, with a stack of pillows on the floor in case he falls forward when he passes out. He's so cute.

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Jeff is such a sweet man. We love you guys!

Allison Nelson said...

I am the SAME as Jeff. I get totally woozy at the sight of blood, even sometimes the discussion of blood. So, I feel his pain!