Monday, June 16, 2008

I haven't forgotten a Father's Day post - I'm waiting for a couple of pictures to be emailed to me before I post about my Dad, and Bucky, and my father in law. So more on that soon to come!!


Lately I have been working on a lot of projects around our home. That has been fun! One of them is the piano. I painted it black. I have always wanted a black piano. My grandather was a musical genius and an incredible pianist. Or so the legend goes. Most of my memories of him are with Alzheimer's Disease and he couldn't remember how to play. I hope to hear him one day in the next life. I imagine he plays a lot. :) he had a black piano, and I have always wanted one. So I painted ours black. Recently I recovered the bench. It was a gorgeous piano before - it's still gorgeous now.

Not much else new to report. Except tonight while Jeff was out doing hometeaching stuff and other errands I had the wonderful opportunity (total sarcasm of course) of calling 911 on our neighbors. Our next door neighbors moved in the town house next to us a couple of months ago. We share walls. So anyway, I totally miss the rocker couple that used to live there. They were so nice, and his musical talent and funky makeup were entertaining. :) the guy that lives there now is a screamer which freaks me out. Anyway, so tonight he starts screaming at his family at the top of his lungs. To make a long story short.... two hours later the screaming has um... escalated to him throwing large objects and various other things (which I truly hope were not his wife and offspring) and hysterical crying and screaming from his family as they took off running outside. That's the basics of what was going on. He left. He is frightening. So the cops came and I have no idea what happened after that. I just know my adrenaline was pumping and I was totally freaked out. We live our quiet little happy life here.... we're not in the best of neighborhoods but our townhouse complex is really nice and the rest of our neighbors are really nice and we all look out for each other.....I've never had to call the cops on a neighbor before. I hope I don't have to again.

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Gorgeous job on the piano! I was so nervous to do our piano back when, but have never regretted it either. :_ The fabric on your bench is totally sweet. Lovely piano, beautiful you!

Cossebooms said...

The piano looks great!!! It turned out beautiful.