So my artistic mojo must be totally on the fritz.
We're moving our room downstairs to the original master bedroom. well we (mostly meaning me - Jeff could not give a rat's you know what as long as it's not yellow or pink) wanted to do it in a sophisticated theme reminiscent of our time in New York when we lived there. Something simple and classic, but that won't go outdated either. the only thing we bought was paint, since we're using our same bedding and we have New York prints we need to have framed. Anyway. I digress. So I find the perfect shade of light gray for the walls.... so pretty. (Yes gray can be pretty) it's a beautiful silvery color. I even tried a sample on the wall and it looked good, so I bought the paint and brought it home and figure I'm going to do this project while Jeff is away at scout camp. Kelli and Mom even come clear over from outer darkness (Gilbert) to help me out. Well as Kelli and I get the paint up on the walls we're so busy talking I don't pay attention. When it's all done I stand back and say "Hm. It looks slightly purple." Kelli says "I think it's the lighting." I think so too. So I figure I'll let it dry and then come back and switch out the lamps.
so I go watch "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci Fi Channel and a couple of shows on HGTV. Come back after the paint has had some time to dry..... it TOTALLY looks like someone had a few too many blackberry yogurt smoothies from Orange Julius and then puked it up all over the walls! It's AWFUL. It's totally this horrible nauseating lavendar color..... UGH. I can't even pretend to like it. I switched out every lamp in my house..... noooooo. It's horrible. I'm so sad.





4 comments:
He doesn't say a drink and a treat....is that something he used to say when he was little? He just says "let's go to the store." That always means let's go get a soda.
Good thing paint is one of the cheaper remodeling mediums--just think if it had been carpet! Good luck! Has Jeff seen it yet?
it is a good thing that paint is one the cheaper parts of remodeling. But oh how frustrating. do you have pictures of the before or after? Has your hubby seen it yet?
Tee hee hee. I hear ya! But I do have to say, it is sooo hard to know what the true color will be from the little cards they give you. Seriously. Remember when you came to help me paint that green wall in my house in my bedroom? You are such a kind soul.
Post a Comment