Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A little late

I'm a little late in posting a Mother's Day post - it seems like there is less time in the day lately and I can't keep up!
So just quickly - Happy Mother's Day to my Moms!! Not everyone is lucky enough to have THREE! :)
My mom - she has always supported me and loved me unconditionally. I have told her things that no one but Jeff knows and she has never judged me. She has always seen the best in me. She has always encouraged me to be an individual, and to be independent. And she is a great example to me of strength in adversity. She always tries to be faithful, no matter what is happening in her life. My mother is also very kind, and incredibly intelligent.
Vickie - my stepmom. She has always said "We have four kids." Never "I have two kids and two stepkids who bug the crap out of me!" (Kelli and I used to give her quite the hard time). I have always been impressed with her loyalty to my dad. So many wives whine and complain about their husbands and how they wish they would change. I have never heard that from her. She accepts him, and supports him, and loves him for the individual person that he is and encourages the same in her kids. She has a great sense of humor! I like that she is able to let things roll off her back. I can tell her my ghost stories and she doesn't think I am weirdo. At least she doesn't let on that she does. :)My mother in law - I have noticed that she is happiest when she is serving or helping or doing something nice for someone else. She has been a lifesaver for us since I have been a working mom. she watches our boys and never complains. She is always willing to help us out that way and I am so grateful that the boys have her in their lives. they love Grandma Johnson! She is also a great example to me of the importance of education. I love that she has a Master's Degree! And she has six kids and still got a Master's Degree. I'd really like to do that some day!! :) She's also quite hilarious when she wants to be. Friday Kelli and I went to visit another wonderful mother - our sister Jessica! We had a great time with her and new baby Alex, whose hair is turning red! What a cutie pie. Jessica is a fantastic mother. A total natural! I have no worries for her and her mothering abilities - she is doing a fabulous job and Alex adores her mama!
Saturday Kelli and I did our yard sale fundraiser for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. It was a great success! I was amazed at how many people donated stuff to our cause. :) It was a great show of support! I've never held a yard sale before, and I've never been to a yard sale (I have issues with touching other people's stuff. It totally weirds me out and I have to sanitize my hands afterwards. Nothing personal, it's just me and my "issues". :) I was able to put it aside though, and it was a lot of fun! We did great !! The boys came with me, and were so good, I was impressed! They were tuckered out afterwards though!
Mother's Day was great. James said "Hatty Mudder's Day Mommy. I love you Mommy!" And he made me a card in nursery at church. Jeff gave me a great card too, and we spent great time together as a family. No leadership meetings so Jeff was with us all day! We also gave James a buzz cut and he cried and cried - totally devastated because he can't comb his hair anymore. he was so sad to see his beautiful curls fall on the floor! And he is only two!! he is such a primper. :) He got over it though and was back to big smiles and looking "hassom (handsome)" Hurray! that night we took the boys to see Grandma Johnson and wish her a happy Mother's Day. It was a great weekend!!

1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Sounds like a great Mother's Day. :) We hope you have a very Happy Birthday too!