Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Doppleganger and high heels

So the saga of the hair continues.... there is this wonderful gal in my ward. Jeff calls her my doppleganger because sometimes people confuse me with her. Not only do she and I look alike, but her husband and my husband look alike. And we came to church once with our boys in identical outfits. And if I had a girl I wanted to name her Olivia - well her daughter's name is Oliva, so that nixes that. We both even have a gap in our front teeth. So I always tried to do my hair differently, and I joked around that I was going to get really skinny on weight watchers - well she is getting really skinny on weight watchers. It's great - because she is a wonderful person and looking like her would be a compliment - if I wasn't so hellbent on being my own person. Everyone wants to be an individual, right? When my hair was different it wasn't that big of an issue. Well Sunday we arrived at church a little late, and she got there at the same time and parked near us. We got out of our vehicles at the same time and turned around and GASP - SAME HAIR. Same hair cut, same color, same EVERYTHING. Jeff thought it was way funny and is just waiting for the day when she and I show up to church in the same outfit. Oh well. I still have fabulous hair. I just happen to share it with someone in my ward who looks a lot like me.....
I've been asked to post a pic of my new 'do, so here is a super corney picture I took of myself. It's a lot like the last one, only a little darker, and a little shorter (a lot shorter in the back). Brittney gave James his first haircut in the salon. James was a little freaked out, and the only way we could get him to sit remotely still was to give him a hand mirror and his own comb and tell him how handsome he is. He loves to primp and says "Mommy - I tall, I thmart (smart), I hassum (handsome)!" When he sees me getting ready for church or something he says "Mommy hassum!" Today he was wandering around the house in my high heels. If he was older than 2 I might be worried! :) just kidding. He is so fun. Since he was a newborn one of the only songs that could soothe him to sleep is "Back in the Saddle" by Gene Autry. I have no idea why, so don't ask. I put the boys down for naps and I hear over the baby monitor James singing to himself "I back in the sallo agaaaaaaaaaainnnnnnn.....back in the sallo again...." it was so cute!!! That kid is a crack up. Thomas is doing really good. He says "Mama" and "baba (bottle) and bobo (bouncy seat) and Gum Gum for Grammy. He is doing great with walking along furniture and tries to stand on his own. He is only 9 months! Where has the time gone? My babies are getting so big!

7 comments:

Larry and Megan said...

Love the hair and your boys are so flippin cute!

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Love you & the new hair do! :)

Tiff Hunt said...

I too love the hair. It is totally fab! I love the story of the lady in your ward. That is just dang funny!

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

Sorry, I"m having technical difficulties...
Your hair looks great, and I love the story about the doppelganger. And, I can't believe how much your boys are starting to look like eachother!
Cute.

Kameron said...

CUTE HAIR! I'm glad you posted a picture. And really, the twin-in-your-ward is too funny. How random!! And your boys are just darling.