This is the first time I have acknowledged on my blog the passing of President Hinckley. I just realized that today. Of course he will be missed, but I guess I haven't been able to bring myself to feel too sad. We all know where he is.
President Hinckley was the first prophet I ever knelt down and actually sought a witness about from the Holy Ghost. I always took it for granted before and it never occured to me to actually ASK the Lord about prophets. I did though when Hinckley was made prophet. I was tired of just accepting, and I wanted my own witness. I wanted my own testimony of his divine role as our prophet, seer and revelator. Our prophet dear. And I got it. He was called of God - to be his representive here on earth to lead us and guide us and teach us.
How exciting to have President Monson step into that role now. I plan to do the very same thing this time around. I'm going to ask. I do not think the Lord expects us to just accept everything blindly as truth because all the other Mormons say it's so..... I think He wants us to think and feel and act of our own accord. I think He wants us to search out the answers for ourselves and come to the best conclusions, and seek a witness from Him for ourselves. I'm so grateful that I know that. My individuality and freedom of choice - the ability to think and act for myself - is a precious priceless gift.
I know that Heavenly Father is real and that He loves us beyond anything that we could ever comprehend. And that is why He gives us living prophets today. And I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost, that helps us all to know and recognize the truth for ourselves when we kneel in prayer and ask.
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and our Redeemer. There have been times in my life when that was the only thing that ever brought me any kind of peace or ability to hang on until things smoothed out again.
I know that each of us is a child of God - even though I don't always act accordingly or treat others or myself accordingly. Sometimes I forget.
I love the Gospel, and the joy it has brought into my life. I try hard to live it right, but I mess up sometimes. Thank goodness there is a way to make it right.
I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is true. I love reading it with Jeff every day, and I'm grateful for the way it has inspired me and helped me find answers that I need when I take the time to apply it to my life.
I'm grateful for the temple - for the love I feel from Heavenly Father when I am there. It's a beautiful thing that I can go there and know that He loves me, that I have a purpose here.





2 comments:
Your words, and faith, are truly beautiful...
You are amazing!! I love your testimony! I also love the crib set you made! Do you do twin comforters, and bed skirts? Email me and let me know, and also your prices so I can start saving my pennies! You are so talented!
Post a Comment