Sunday, February 3, 2008

February

I love February because I LOVE Valentine's Day! And Jeff's birthday is on Valentine's Day which makes it so much better! :)
Anyway. Last week I finished the first crib set (for Jennifer Dimbatt) for my new little at home business . I am now working on a set for my friend Tatiana's twins. Soon I hope to have a website up and running to generate more business. I did not take pictures of the new crib set on a crib - but hope that Jennifer will send me pictures when life settles down for her a bit - so I can put those on the website. However, I did take pictures of the finished product just for my own records. I thought it turned out great and can't wait to see what it looks like on the crib! Let me know what you think.


The quilt


These are two of the bumpers. they are laid out to show that they are reversable. Dots on one side and stripes on the other. The crib skirt (not shown but totally adorable) is the striped fabric, with a pleat in the middle where a solid pink with swirls peeks through. All in all I'm very happy with the way it all turned out! I'm trying to think of a way to get the word out there, to get more business. Any ideas? I'm all ears! :)

Thomas is growing and growing. He used to be so skinny and now he is roley poley. He is loving being able to sit up and should be crawling any day now. He is practicing his little army crawl all the time! He has the sweetest little face of an angel. I love it!
James is a blast and when he smiles it lights up his whole face!! He loves to sing and sings all the time - his own songs about his "brudder" (brother) and he sings his ABC's and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam." His new favorite song is "In the Leafy Tree Tops" and he calls it "Tee Topsy" and it's just too cute - especially since he has a pronounced lisp. He is almost 2 now, and it's rare that he lets me hug and hold and cuddle him on my lap for very long. He is a busy boy and busy boys have things to do and places to be.... but he still runs up to me several times a day and gives me a big hug and kiss, and I get to hold him for a few seconds and those moments I cherish.

4 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

The bedding you made is absolutely gorgeous! You are so talented, truly. Much love to you, and the boys, and early Happy Birthday to Jeff!

Cossebooms said...

Love the background for your blog. I'm tempted to copy. LOVE the crib set. I would love to be able to make a blanket like that. All I do is the rag quilt blankets.

Cossebooms said...

Okay, so I did copy your background somewhat. Hope you don't mind.

Allie said...

Hey woman with many talents--YOU ROCK!!! That bedding set is beautiful!