Thursday, December 6, 2007

cool stuff

This week my sister Kelli was honored at the Governor's cabinet meeting. Kelli is a dispatcher for the highway patrol, and a couple of months ago she saved the life of a woman who had been in an accident on the freeway. The woman had been hit and her car was in the middle of the freeway. She was crying and panicking and afraid she was going to get hit again because everyone was going so fast. Kelli tried to calm her, and then had a feeling to ask her if she was wearing her seat belt. So she did, and the woman said no, she was reaching for something. Kelli told her "Put your seatbelt on right now!" The woman started crying againg and Kelli told her again to put her seatbelt on. Kelli heard the seatbelt click, and then the phone went dead. the next call was a man on the freeway calling to report a woman lying on the side of the freeway. As soon as she had clicked her seatbelt, she was hit, and hit hard! She was in shock and got out of her car and laid down on the side of the road. She told the officer to tell the dispatcher that took her call thank you, she saved her life. So Kelli was awarded at the Governor's cabinet meeting for saving that lady's life! I'm very proud of Kelli, I know I couldn't do the job she does, that's for sure! She followed her training and listened to the Spirit and a woman is safe with her family because of it. The picture above is of Kelli, my mom, and Governor Napolitano.

Thomas is now eating solid food. He is a crack up. Just take a look at the picture!
I also heard from my other sister Jessie today and she sent a picture of herself. She is honestly one of the most beautiful pregnant women I've seen! I have gorgeous sisters! She is a little over six months now, and she is having a girl!

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Congrats to Kelli! Such an amazing story. :) And truly, you are three of the most beautiful sisters around!

Tiff Hunt said...

That is an amazing story! It made me want to cry! Thomas is cute, and I agree with the above comment, you really are three of the most beautiful! WAY TO BE FABULOUS!