Sunday, May 16, 2010

Passion


I have many passions. The arts is the biggest next to the people I love and the Gospel. All forms of arts. I love music, painting, sewing, photography. LOVE IT. I love looking at other photographers' work, and I love doing it myself. I have a great appreciation for all things beautiful and there are so many things in our world that are breathtaking. I have always especially loved taking photos of architecture and landscapes, but the last couple of years I have been trying to develop skill in photographing people as well. I'll put a sampling of some of my photos here - but will be starting my own photography blog soon. All of the photos in this post are ones I took myself.

I've also become a bit of an insomniac, and rather than toss and turn and drive my hubby nutso, I figure I might as well use the time to accomplish something that makes me happy. I mean down to the tips of my toes and up to the frizz in my hair happy! So I've been going through the pictures I have taken and edit them, and print them, and frame them.... etc. etc.

In January of 2009 I was still working for Music Celebrations International and was so extremely lucky to be able to go on the FAM trip to Spain. I was only part time and they don't usually take part timers, but I'd been there forever and a full timer ended up not being able to go - so they picked me to take her spot. WHAT A DREAM. Of all the places I have been - and there have been many, I LOVED Spain. Some of my heritage hearkens from Spain, and I instantly felt a deep passion for the country and the culture. I really felt at home. While I love to travel and visit other countries, I've never felt at home in them- as if I could live there. That was not the case with Spain. I could live out my days there and be completely blissful. On one of our nights in Seville we went and had dinner and enjoyed watching some Flemenco dancers (I don't even know if I spelled that right). LOVED it. It was very intense and dramatic. I tried to capture the drama and intensity in my pictures and in how I edited them.. I'd love your honest feedback. Good or bad. I want to hear it!
When I grow up I want to be a Flamenco dancer. It must do wonderful things for your figure. I so enjoyed watching this couple dance together. This guy was my favorite male dancer.This woman was clearly the oldest dancer of the bunch. She also seemed to be the most experienced. One of the things I loved about the dancers was the expression and feeling they put into what they were doing. I love the angst and imperfections in her face. I think it is part of what makes her beautiful. I didn't try to fix them, and the editing itself is quite imperfect.Here she is again. Her presence seemed to command respect.And here again.A Spanish Michael Bolton. :)Thanks for your thoughts!

5 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Oh, those photos you took in Spain are breathtakingly beautiful!!! I dearly love you and your amazing talents!

Katy B. said...

Loved the Spanish "Michael Bolton" Ha! Keep it up Kim! You take great shots! I have a lot to learn from you sista friend.:)

Anonymous said...

you are amazing, kim - at everything that you do! and i am happy that you find what makes you happy....and then do it :) you are inspiring - and i love you so! happy birthday to you today!

Anonymous said...

(ending to the last comment...i am no good at this :) haha! )

be true....CTR - michelle e the sanders seven :)

Angelic Kelli said...

Love them!