Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I'm done

So a couple of weeks ago there was a shooting on our street (3rd in as many years) - our street is VERY small. Anyway, a home invasion in broad daylight - 3 assailants forced their way in when the homeowner refused entry.
Last week Jeff was gone to the store and it was late - around 10 pm when someone started running across our roof.
Today I stepped out of my house to go to a dentist appt..... and overhead was the Phoenix PD ghetto bird. Over the loudspeaker a lady yells at me to go back inside and lock the door - they are conducting a canine search and the dogs will bite me. That was 2 hours ago and they are still flying over our street..... and SWAT has invaded the condo complex next to ours.
So perhaps some of you - those of you who grew up in rougher neighborhoods maybe - may be thinking "no big shake. Just stay inside." Well - I grew up in ST. JOHNS people, "the town of friendly neighbors" my graduating class had 91 people in it....
I don't want my kids growing up on this street. It was supposed to be "up and coming" and on the road to improvement when we moved here. Not so anymore. The fall of the economy has brought the dregs of society here and I'm tired of getting sex offender notices in my mailbox.....Perhaps I'm being overly dramatic. But seriously. I so want to move.

4 comments:

Katy B. said...

I am so sorry Kim. All that crap happening in addition to you feeling like crap with this pregnancy would make any sane person stressed out to the nines. I can only imagine. Hopefully things will get better and you'll be able to feel it. I live for "moments of peace" even if they last for only a minute or two. May yours come quickly and stay much longer. Love ya!

Jana said...

You are not over reacting. Get out.
(You could move up here, I don't think SLC has any ghetto birds.) Like that helps.

Allison Nelson said...

Ugh, that sucks. Especially when you have little ones. I'll be anxious to see when and where you guys move.

author said...

Yeah, I can't help but agree with Jana. We had lots of trouble in our last neighborhood in Tucson, and ever since we moved things have been so much better. It takes a big load off your mind to not be afraid to leave your garage open for 5 minutes while you run inside, or to worry when you climb into bed about whether you locked the door or not.

Anyway, hope you guys have a great Christmas!