Monday, July 27, 2009

Sunday

I love Sundays. Yesterday we went to Gilbert for Baby Max's blessing. That was really sweet. Chad and Brittney will be great parents. James was SOOO excited to meet Baby Max. He talked about him all week. "Is he big like me Mom? Can I play with him?" James can be very shy at times, so when he first saw Baby Max he was a little afraid to touch him. But he loved him and has been talking about him often today. "Where's Baby Max? Where's Chad and Brittney? Can I see them? Can I touch Baby Max's tiny shoes?" Here's a picture. I don't know what was up with my hair yesterday. I didn't have time to blow it out and straighten it.... so it was curly and a little frizzy and I just couldn't get it to do much. Oh well. We got back to church in time for me to teach my Sunbeams. I sure do love them, they make my day!
Last night we went to see Mom and Dad Johnson, as we usually do on Sundays. I look forward to our visits and the boys LOVE to play with Grandpa in the backyard. And I love that he always makes time to do that - like it's the most important thing in the world to do. It's a Sunday ritual. They play outside and ride on the merry go round and play catch, and I rock in the swing and Jeff talks with his dad for a long time. Then I usually get too hot (and bored of talking about priesthood stuff) so I go and hang out with Mom and Amy. Then Grandpa brings the boys in and eats ice cream with them. The same every Sunday. And my boys feel like the most important people in the world. I love it. It's so nice to have such a stable, predictable life. For many years things were very unpredictable, then I married Jeff and now everything is predictable and calm and I really treasure that. And he is stable, calm and NORMAL - whatever that means. And it's so nice to be married to someone who doesn't have baggage and issues.... like so many of the other guys I dated before Jeff. He's just THE BEST.
And I love my boys so much. Their individual personalities continue to grow and shine every day and it's so much fun to watch them grow into such great little people! James is usually so considerate and caring about other people's feelings. And his energy never ends and he LOVES to run and play and be active!
Thomas is our little Mr. Engineer, Mr. Curious, and Mr. Studious. Just like his dad. He loves to explore things and see what sounds they make, and find out how they work. And he is so loving and affectionate. While James RUNS everywhere, literally.... Thomas walks and studies everything and takes his time. He also loves to tease and loves to laugh and share. They are the best!
This morning Jeff left for Zion's camp for most of the week. We will miss him, but the boys and I will have fun. It was hard though because Jeff has been home all Summer taking care of the boys, so when he left and they realized he wasn't take them with him, they were so heartbroken. We explained it to them of course, but I think they didn't quite understand until Daddy unloaded all of his things out of the car and said bye bye. They were so heartbroken and cried for Daddy all the way home. They are fine now of course, kids are resiliant and bounce back and he'll be home soon.

2 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Sweet boys, loving family, a beautiful life!!! And I LOVE your hair, curly or straight, it always looks perfect to me.

Anonymous said...

what a lovely life! what cute kids! what happiness! you are a neat person!