Tuesday, July 28, 2009

So lucky

Well the first 24 hours of Jeff being at Zion's Camp has been interesting. Thomas got sick. He always gets sick without fail whenever Jeff goes somewhere. Scout Camp, conference - whatever the reason. I put him down for a nap and he fell asleep, then woke up frantically running and screaming and freaking out. I picked him up and he was drenched in sweat and bright red and really hot. I took his temperature and it was a high fever. He had no symptoms, other than the fever, and the blood curdling screaming like he was in serious pain. So I gave him some motrin and called the pediatrician. They said to bring him in right then, it could be an ear infection. Well that made sense, we deal with those with James on a regular basis. So I took him in, and his ears were great and they couldn't find anything wrong with him. So I brought him home where he crashed on my lap and didn't want to eat, or play or do anything. He didn't want to be put in his bed he just wanted to be held. He was lethargic the rest of the day, but he would only sleep if I was holding him. I put him to bed last night and he started to go to sleep and then about an hour later completely FLIPPED OUT. I mean, to the point where I was scared. I have never seen him act like that. He was running and screaming at the top of his lungs and shaking and trembling and he was hitting me and then clinging to me and just freaking out. I could not get him calmed down until he started hyperventilating. Then finally he let me turn the light out and he went to sleep, as long as the closet door was shut. Fever was up again. Must have been a "sickness" nightmare. He had me worried, I thought maybe he was in serious pain somewhere or something. Woke up this morning totally back to normal thank goodness.
Anyway, yesterday and today James has been such a wonderful little boy. He always is, but especially these last two days he has been so incredibly helpful. He picks up his messes, puts his dishes in the sink, he comforts Thomas "It's okay Thomas, you're alright, Mommy and me will take good care of you and make you feel better. I love you Thomas, you're okay. It's okay." And he holds his hand, and helps him. It just makes me so grateful for such a wonderful 3 year old. I am soooooo lucky.

No comments: