Here is a great pic Lucy took of Elder Arnold and Dad Johnson.
It was a nice experience. I loved the way they took the time to talk to Hannah about how much they liked the pictures she colored for them. I thought that was really special. At one point Thomas was fussing at the table and throwing a mini tantrum and Elder Arnold said "I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think when the Savior was blessing all those children that they were all sitting there with their arms folded!" Good call. Never thought of that one. It was a nice afternoon. :)
Tonight was the ward social with the Catalina Branch. The salsa was really hot, but Thomas kept gobbling it down. Cried his eyes out the whole time, but wouldn't stop eating it. Afterwards when we got home Thomas passed out on the couch for a bit.
Then it was a tearful pre bed snack of yogurt and lots of "Hold you Mommy!!" and finally to bed. Where James has to cuddle with several "friends"
and Thomas has to cuddle with his beloved..... cardboard tube. Don't ask me. I'm just the mother.
Then it was a tearful pre bed snack of yogurt and lots of "Hold you Mommy!!" and finally to bed. Where James has to cuddle with several "friends"
and Thomas has to cuddle with his beloved..... cardboard tube. Don't ask me. I'm just the mother.
Tomorrow I get to teach the kiddos in primary a new song. I'm the new primary chorister. I don't know why they called me, the other one was doing a perfectly fine job. I've been in primary since I got married, and while it used to bother me it doesn't anymore. I love it now. Even though I am not a fan of the new calling. Primary kids love you. No matter what. They don't care that I can't suck my stomache in anymore, or that I have morning sickness puke breath. They just love to say hi and give hugs when they see me because they love me because I am a primary worker. They love the people that work with them, and what an honor it is to be loved by a child. I thought I missed Relief Society, and I do. I really do miss being with women and the friendships and all that. I don't miss all the weird things people say in the lessons..... I went to a lesson recently that was about The Spirit. Great lesson. She did a wonderful job. I admire those teachers who know just the perfect things to say when for instance.... someone raises their hands and talks about how they are trying to forgive their husband for cheating with their best friend....and other intensely-personal-now-public stories. I couldn't do it. The teacher handled it gracefully though and didn't skip a beat. It made me glad to be in Primary. Even when they say things like "Teacher, I got gas!"
It's just amazing that people can look at others with so much love in uncomfortable situations like the one in Relief Society, and not judge. Maybe it was uncomfortable for me because I have a long way to go. Who knows. I digress and forget my original point. Oh well. Must be the unisom. It's great for nausea.
I watched the first episode of "Obsessed" on A&E. Wow. Amazing show. I suppose it might be interesting to someone flipping channels who happens to stop on it and watch it by accident. I was riveted. It chronicles part of the journey someone goes through who has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I was so impressed that they have the courage to show what's like and let people into their lives and chronicle that intensely personal of a journey. I joke about my OCD. I share an occasional story....but the only one who has truly seen how painful and scary it can be for me is Jeffrey, and of course - The Savior. And to watch a show with other people who go through things similar to what I have gone through made me realize "Hey - I'm not the only one who does that!" Very interesting show. Loved it. It also made me realize how far I have come. Certainly not on my own. I know where I have been and how dark and scary it can be when you feel like you are all alone in a tiny little box, and no one understands how petrifying it can be....and I know how hard it is to do the work to take yourself out of the box and move forward. I know how blessed and lucky I am.





3 comments:
You're awesome, truly! Love and hugs to you and your darling family, always...
your boys are so awesome! How you feeling? Sick? Pregnant? Tired? Yeah, I figured... LMK what I can do for ya... ;) Mamie
Congrats on the upcoming arrival! How exciting! I hope you do get a magician. Maybe that's where the sickness is coming from? Love the cardboard tube. Let me know what you can eat and we'll bring something over. I always have a difficult time weathering pregnancy, I feel for you. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment