Yesterday was my dad's birthday. I'm not my dad's easiest child - we haven't always understood each other. We've had our moments, but I think that now that I am an adult (married and a parent myself) I understand him so much more - and love and appreciate who he is even more. He's a great man, and I love and respect him more as I grow older. I'm very lucky that he is my dad.
One of the things I love the most about my dad is his quirky sense of humor - he is so funny! I have always loved how independent and self made he is. I want to be responsible and self sufficient like my dad - so that when life catches me by surprise, I'll be able to tackle whatever is thrown at me -in a fierce, yet dignified way. Just like my dad. I have a uniquely wonderful dad - who loves to have a gun workshop, go hunting, has animal heads/tails on his wall, a huge gun collection, loves to build and remodel, wear hats and drive his truck, and has a long and respected career in law enforcement -
to a sweet guy who loves on the babies, cries at graduations, weddings and funerals, gives great hugs, and wins ribbons for his quilts at the fair.
to a sweet guy who loves on the babies, cries at graduations, weddings and funerals, gives great hugs, and wins ribbons for his quilts at the fair. 
I love you Dad! I'm so lucky you're my dad! Happy birthday!!!





2 comments:
Wow, what a nice post to your Dad. I'm sure he appreciated it!
This made me teary.
Post a Comment