Well I am off to Spain with my co workers in about an hour. Our flight leaves two hours after that. I'm super excited! I must admit I have been a little sad to leave my boys and Jeff - this is the longest I have ever been away from them (it's only a week and I'm such a sap for my boys). But it will be super fun!!
I tried to prep James and told him last night that Mommy would be getting on an airplane and going on a trip - and I would bring him a present and be home in a few days - and that I would call him every day. I let him know Daddy would be staying home with him and Thomas. He said "You're going on a trip? Will Daddy take me to the park to slide?" I said Yes. So all evening it was "You going on a trip? Daddy take me to the park?"
So this morning on the ride over I reminded him again. It went something like this.
Me: "James I'm going on a trip and I get to ride on an airplane! But I will be home soon and I love you - "
James aka Mr. Sassy Pants: I HEARD YOU MOMMY! I KNOW!
Alrighty then. I guess parting is not such sweet sorrow afterall. :) Sheesh. Two year olds.
Not long ago He had the stomach flu. It lasted for about 3-4 days. The first two days it was "Mommy hold you..... Mommy hold you...." The third day he was laying on the couch and I reached out to pick him up and he said "Leave - me - alone. Don't - touch - me."
Wow. I'm thinking that he has enough sass for all the daughters in the world. Maybe we don't need any girls afterall. :)





3 comments:
Spain!? How cool. Have fun. Love to hear the kids' antics. :)
Josie says "Mommy hold you" too! It's like she's doing me a favor by holding me, when we both know it's the other way around.:) I love it though.:)
I hope you had a wonderful trip! Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment