I walked 60 miles in 3 days with thousands of other people to raise awareness and money for breast cancer research and prevention. It was an incredible, life altering experience for me. I honestly didn’t think it would be as big a benchmark for me as it was and I wasn’t quite prepared for the change I would experience, but it was and I did change and I hope the change lasts. I learned SO MUCH about how strong I am! And how I can do anything!
And I learned about what an amazing impact and inspiration a simple good attitude can be. 
And what it means to be a true friend –
and how to recognize what a true friend is, and what a true friend is NOT. And I learned that life is too short to waste on people who drag you down and aren’t there for you, and that it’s okay to just not bother with them. And I learned how a total stranger can love you and lift you up – and give you motivation and courage, and show
you what REAL Christ like love is. 
People who come out all day just to cheer you on, because they believe in a cause greater than themselves, and they want to help lift someone else up. 




I learned that I am married to an incredible man who blesses my life every day and I waste too much time taking him for granted. And I learned that I am so blessed to have amazing friends, 

and the gospel to help me. And I re-learned that prayer is a powerful tool and this experience reminded me that it REALLY WORKS.I remembered that there is so much more to this life experience than just what I do every day – there are other people out there too –
that I am around and pass every day who have incredible journeys and stories to tell and things to offer that I can learn from,
and that I have things to offer to strengthen other people too.
It just was so amazing to be a part of something that is so much bigger than me –
to look outside of myself for a while and pull myself away from me – from being so entrenched in my own life and selfishness and do something amazing. I also learned that I have gone so deep inside myself that it has been hard to see other people – I mean really see them – and what their needs are. And I want to try harder to be a better friend and neighbor. I learned so much about Christlike love, and what it REALLY is.
that I am around and pass every day who have incredible journeys and stories to tell and things to offer that I can learn from,
and that I have things to offer to strengthen other people too.It just was so amazing to be a part of something that is so much bigger than me –
to look outside of myself for a while and pull myself away from me – from being so entrenched in my own life and selfishness and do something amazing. I also learned that I have gone so deep inside myself that it has been hard to see other people – I mean really see them – and what their needs are. And I want to try harder to be a better friend and neighbor. I learned so much about Christlike love, and what it REALLY is.
It was SUCH AN HONOR to be a part of this, to meet amazing people -

to watch my best friends and my sister grow and share this amazing experience, and see them move forward


and be able to move forward myself...and have my own turning point

to watch my best friends and my sister grow and share this amazing experience, and see them move forward


and be able to move forward myself...and have my own turning point
It was worth all the stress of fundraising.... all the aches and pains and every single blister....
There is SO MUCH to rejoice over in life and be grateful for, I'm so blessed and grateful to have had this experience....






10 comments:
I LOVE IT! I couldn't have said it better myself!
It was an absolute pleasure and joy walking 60 miles with you, my friend!
love and miss you already! al
Wow, you did the 3 day! Very impressive and what a great cause to help out with. It looks like you had a nice time with friends old and new.
I'm glad to hear back from you. Take care and we'll keep in touch through blog world!
Thank you for sharing such an amazing experience with us! I love you so much and am so grateful to have you as a sister and friend. Hugs and love, always!
Sounds like you had an wonderful experience. Way to go!
You have always been an insightful person. Congrats on the walk and amazing experience! It's nice to be inspired.
You guys are awesome!
CONGRATULATIONS! What an amazing experience!
What a beautiful experience and you shared it wonderfully, and I am a better person for having read it and to know the people in your pictures personally and all of you are wonderful examples and I love and honor you! luv luv and miss you!
Congrats! What a beautiful experience; thanks for sharing. I can't wait until I can better support by financially contribute to such worthy causes!
I don't know how I missed this post, but...
You are AMAZING, Kim. I'm so very impressed by your post here. You have such a wonderful perspective on life, and I loved reading this.
Post a Comment