"me an my sissys - Jessie and Kelli"Sunday was Aunt Peggy's memorial service. It was held at the American Legion in Phoenix.
I have this weird quirk in my personality that whenever something sad happens - I get nervous and I start to laugh. I don't mean to, it just happens and releases the tension for me. So I have to find something funny about whatever uncomfortable situation I am in. However inappropriate. (Sometime I'll tell you about the time that Kelli and I laughed until tears were running down our faces at my Grandma Webb's viewing) Apparently it's a family thing. As my dad would say "It's genetic."
For the full story - you'll have to pay a visit to Kelli's blog :)
Let's just suffice to say it was very interesting that Dad, Vickie, Kelli, Jessie and the boys (and Jeff for part of the time) and I were off in the corner at our own table while everyone else was over eating chips and discussing their double wide trailers.
I've come to the conclusion that there are two types in that side of the family. The over-achievers and the.... well the not so overachievers.
My dad forgot his hearing aids and kept saying things out loud that he didn't realize were so loud. At times I was tempted to say "Dad, that wasn't in your head, that was actually out loud" but I was just having too much fun wondering what he was going to say next!
At one point he was looking at the other crowd of people was shaking his head. "You'd think we all came from a bunch of in-bred pig farmers - if I didn't know better I'd say we came from Clay Springs!"
Too too funny. He is really funny, and has a great sense of humor. He should show that side more often. :)I wore a white shirt. My new white shirt in fact. And my kids looked so cute. I made sure to dress them yesterday - so they would match. Jeff - bless his heart - while he is an amazing father, he doesn't think there is anything odd about pairing brown and blue plaid shorts with a green and red striped shirt. So when it comes to "special" occasions I'm sure to dress the boys. Anyway..... Jeff and James left to go off to meetings and whatnot (I think they were just thrown off by the fried "chicken" - which Jessie searched for the chicken underneath all that FRIED and I don't think she found it), and I stayed with Thomas..... who looked so darn cute in his wild red shirt. I was feeding him when "the incident" happened.
(Thomas, pre "Incident")
Take a good look at Thomas's expression in the above photo - it's almost like he's thinking "hehehehe I'm going to freak out my mom now that Dad's gone and can't bail her out - and I'm going to blow my diaper out to outer space - that'll be real funny!"I put my hand on his back and he was wet. Jess said "Uh oh - " and I said "Oh no don't worry it's just water." (desperate wishful thinking on my part - though it never occured to me how THAT MUCH water would get all the way up his back to his ARMPITS - HELLO) and she said "Uh, no it's not." I looked and holy moley! Yeah. The blow out diaper from hell. My brain totally shut down. I felt like i was going to hyperventilate. Now I know you are reading this and thinking I am a total wuss and I should just suck it up. Afterall, it's only poop.
I can't stand to have stuff on my hands. I'm not kidding. It's not just a little aversion - when I get stuff on my hands it's like the universe is out of alignment. I'm practically twitching just sitting here writing about having dirty hands.
So I had to do my little OCD self talk pep talk in my head while Jess is taking Thomas's shirt off. We went into the bathroom and hosed him down and I got him all changed (thanks Jess you are a life saver) and I changed him and got the situation taken care of. Right before walking out of the bathroom though I happen to look at myself in the mirror and there is CRAP down my white shirt. Jess says "You're wearing two shirts, right?" I had a tank top on under the white shirt. I said "Yeah, but I'm wearing my temple garments and a tank top over temple garments is going to look really weird to all those people. " She looked at me like "YOU are really weird" and said "Do you need me still? I'm going to go now." It was funny. Okay maybe only to me. But it was funny. So I took my shirt off and washed it in the sink. And then I had no choice but to put it back on!
Anyway. I locked myself out of the house because Jeff was in meetings so I couldn't go home and change and couldn't get Thomas dressed. So Thomas ran around the rest of the day in his diaper (it was clean) because Jeff was gone until 9 pm that night. So everywhere we went he was in just his diaper.
Which is funny because I'm one of those moms who always has to have her kids dressed for fear we'll look like those bra-less moms in walmart whose kids run around in messy diapers with dirt all over their faces. (Does that make me a snob?) So. I got mine for being a judgemental brat.
I think Aunt Peggy would have enjoyed the shananigans. Poor Jeff and James. They missed all the poop fest fun because they left (hence no pics of them this time).
Which is funny because I'm one of those moms who always has to have her kids dressed for fear we'll look like those bra-less moms in walmart whose kids run around in messy diapers with dirt all over their faces. (Does that make me a snob?) So. I got mine for being a judgemental brat. Hugs and kisses!





4 comments:
That is quite the story, sounds like a lot of poopy fun. And too bad Jeff missed out on it.
Hilarious..... even funnier now than it was then! I laughed so hard I had to close my door. :o) I wish I had gotten a picture of your face when you realized what was on your hands. Priceless. :o) Love you!!!
Oh man, what a day! :) Love and hugs to you all!
Love to read your entries! You are hilarious! I finally added you to my blog. Miss you!
Post a Comment