I love holidays.... I love having days off with Jeff it's my favorite thing in the whole world to be with him just us, and with him with our boys!
Yesterday we got up and took the boys over to Mom's, and we went for a walk around Tempe Town Lake. Believe it or not I have only ever been there once - to eat lunch with my dear friend Amy Croy AGES ago. anyway, it was a gorgeous morning! I love the buildings over by ASU - I really dig architecture, cityscapes etc. Here is a picture of me in front of the green murky disgusting water that is tempe townlake - and the cool buildings. Of course it's not my best shot. I don't think the pinkalicious doo rag does much for my features. :)

That evening we had the Johnson Family Chili Cook Off for the monthly Johnson FHE. The Edler's in Mom and Dad Johnson's ward were the judges. Here is James with the "Misha-marys".
The grandkids loved running around the cultural hall and had a ball! Grandma found James a fairy wand to become emotionally attached to that he still won't give up!
And Thomas just toddled everywhere he could....
The grandkids loved running around the cultural hall and had a ball! Grandma found James a fairy wand to become emotionally attached to that he still won't give up!
And Thomas just toddled everywhere he could....
And enjoyed wearing his "hat" (luckily it was empty when he put that on his head)
and Chad and Brittney won the chili contest.
James and Maddie had a ball pushing around the folded tables.
and Chad and Brittney won the chili contest.
James and Maddie had a ball pushing around the folded tables. 
I didn't take many pictures - I'm sure there are going to be more posted on Lucy and Katy's blogs as well.
Why do kids need toys again? James would much rather flush things down the toilet than to play with toys!! Okay he still loves his toys.
We've spent quite a bit of time rescuing Bob the Builder from the toilet.... and the dental floss from the toilet... and.....we've gone on crying jags that last for hours, fallen asleep with our heads resting on the red toy wagon in the middle of the night after night terrors....refusals to go to nursery, digging cinnamon toast crunch out of his little nostrils.... yes, he broke his cinnamon toast crunch into little pieces and shoved it up his nose....his eyes were watering and he was scratching his nose wildly and I saw what had happened.
So I plugged his nose tight and told him to blow as hard as he could and then I let go and cinnamon toast crunch bits went shooting out. As long as it's just cinnamon toast crunch that he snorts up his nose - I'm okay.
We are definitely in the two year old stage, and as soon as he is out of it, Thomas will be in it. Along with the hectic times are the really great times too. Hearing his little voice in the morning "Hi Mommy, how are you? I wake up now!" And the big hug that comes after. Or when we're in Target and he sees another little toddler crying and he says "It's okay, don't cry, you're alright... you're alright" or at night when the boys go to bed and he says "Night night Momas (what he calls Thomas), I love you Momas". I love being the mother of boys! And I love that my boys love each other so much and are best pals...I hope they always stay that way....
So I plugged his nose tight and told him to blow as hard as he could and then I let go and cinnamon toast crunch bits went shooting out. As long as it's just cinnamon toast crunch that he snorts up his nose - I'm okay.
We are definitely in the two year old stage, and as soon as he is out of it, Thomas will be in it. Along with the hectic times are the really great times too. Hearing his little voice in the morning "Hi Mommy, how are you? I wake up now!" And the big hug that comes after. Or when we're in Target and he sees another little toddler crying and he says "It's okay, don't cry, you're alright... you're alright" or at night when the boys go to bed and he says "Night night Momas (what he calls Thomas), I love you Momas". I love being the mother of boys! And I love that my boys love each other so much and are best pals...I hope they always stay that way....







No comments:
Post a Comment