I really LOVE black and white, that will always be a classic. But lately I have developed a great love for the blues and greens too... I think these rooms are so clean and nice, and if they were in my house, I would probably never leave my home! They are very tranquil, and it would be hard to feel sad or dreary in rooms like these!!
Black and white will always be a classic though. I LOVE black and white, and you can add almost any other accent color to black and white and it looks awesome! Our master bedroom right now is mostly black and white, with some very light blue and a pear green color. I love it (when it's clean hehe) and I love the black in our living room that grounds the ivory and different shades of green. In our stairway (which is also aloe green) we have four paintings I got when I was in China that are of the Great Wall during the 4 different seasons. They are framed in very simple black frames with white mats, that look striking on the wall.
I have a millions projects going right now. Eventually i would love to do an original painting for our living room. I did one for the master bedroom, now I need to do one for the living room. I'd love to take more painting classes. I love to paint. Anyway. Just some things that I have been fixed on for the last while. Thought I would write them out!







4 comments:
You have an amazing eye, and hand, for design!
I love the one of the couple in the master bedroom that you have. I want one similar to it for Dave and I! Let me know what I need to do to make that happen. Seriously, you're really good.:):):)
We are kindred spirits!! I love to decorate too! My favorite stores are decorating stores! Ikea, Tai Pan (one here in UT) Michaels, Jo Ann's. I could spend tons of money in these stores. I love to get decorating magazines too!! We were meant to be friends. I love it all. My dream is to be on Design Star, and win. HGTV is one of the only channels I watch. It is an obsession. I am completely sick, and I love it.
P.S. I enjoy modge podge too!! Fantastic stuff.
Kim-do what you love! You've always had such a natural creative and artistic talent/ability. You would be an incredible designer. Can't wait to see more of your work.
Post a Comment