Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The beginning....

I've succumbed.... I've done the very thing I swore I would never do..... I started a BLOG. I'm like an old lady who swears off cell phones because they cause brain cancer, and swore I would never have a blog. And here I am! I figure it's a good way for friends and family who live far away, or that we don't see as often - to stay updated.
I'll start by sharing some pictures of Jeff and I when we got engaged!
We got engaged in august of 2004, after reconnecting ( we were together in '99-'00 but broke up while I was on my mission - super long story) in July '04. We both knew it was just the right and perfect thing for us, and have never regretted or looked back since. Marrying Jeff is by far the greatest thing to ever happen in my life. I am a much better person because of him! This picture was taken in October of '04 when I visited him in New York after he started in Masters at Columbia University. This is the picture we used in our announcement.

Here are some wedding pictures!

Jeff and I were married on Dec 28, 2004 during Christmas break. We immediately set off to move to New York for another year and a half while he finished his degree - and had some fabulous adventures there! That's a post for another time.....Since our wedding - we have added two gorgeous boys to our family and they bring us lots of laughs and more joy than we could have imagined. We love being parents!

James Harris was born 4-5-06 Thomas Maxwell was born 6-4-07

They look a lot alike, except James was larger when he was born, and he has red hair and Thomas has dark hair.

More later!












4 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

Wonderful pictures, great story, and a beautiful beginning. :) We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Fun to have you bloggin! Hope to see you on Sunday if not, congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim and Jeff
This is Rachel Scott (Darren Wilson's youngest sister also Sarah Belnaps). I wanted to let you know that I am really happy for you guys with your two adorable kids and finally gettinga married. I have heard throughout the years how things have been for you guys breaking up and getting together again and Jeff I couldn't be happier for you marrying Kim!
I now have been married 3 years next month on the 13th of Aug to my best friend of 11 years (that's a long story in and of itself..we wrote for 8 years then met after my mission) and our son is 9 months old. William Alden Scott was born Oct 2nd, 2006. It's always good seeing pictures of the Johnson family. I haven't been back to AZ since Blaine and I got married. It's been 3 years. I can send you guys a picture of us if you want. mY e-mail is rachle81@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love it! The pictures are fantastic! I'm still bummed that I haven't been able to meet Thomas :( Soon I hope! Anyway, your page looks great! Miss you all!!!

Lots of love,
Jess