When I was 8 or 9 I went up to Rachel and Porter Wilhelm's cabin with their family. That is such a wonderful memory for me. Their cabin had a tin roof and when it would rain we would go up to the loft and listen to the rain come down on the tin roof and it was such an amazing sound. And smell. I love the smell of rain on dust. My absolute favorite. And I cannever get enough of the sound of the crash of thunder and the excitement of lightening!
My sweet Thomas. He never ceases to melt my heart. He is my treasure.


My fun James. The joy he finds in life is so infectious! Along with his dad, he is my rock.


My boys, how I adore them!
I had the best grandparents growing up, and I adored them as my favorite people in the whole world. They would come and visit in the Summer and I looked forward to it all year because they always stayed a long time.Before my grandpa got deep into alzheimers we used to go for long walks together. He didn't say much, but I loved being with him. I used to be terrified of storms, truely terrified and I drove my mother crazy everytime it rained. One Summer night when my grandparents were visiting us it started to pour down a major monsoon storm and I was freaking out. No one could ever calm me down when I freaked out during the storms. Except Grandpa. He grabbed two chairs and put them out on the front porch. And we sat out on the porch together and he told me how much he loved storms, and he explained to me how the storms work and what lightening and thunder REALLY are. And we went through my rock collection, and he explained to me how rocks are made and that I wouldn't have my beautiful rocks if it weren't for storms like this one. We sat there for a long time talking and watching the rain. I've never been afraid of it since that night. I now share his deep love for crazy rain storms. Such a favorite thing!






1 comment:
Such wonderful memories and swee grandparents you have! Love the rain and pics of your cuties enjoying the summer showers!
Post a Comment